Just a couple of days left until 2014 is in the past and we’ll have to focus on 2015 and the bright future it brings. As we all (or maybe some control freaks like me) do when one year finishes, I have come up with a list of things I’ve managed to do in the last twelve months – of course it is not even remotely similar to what I had in mind last year…
I had some sort of a “Wish List” with things like:
- Go to Barcelona
- Fly with a hot air balloon
- Read more than 50 books
- Learn Portuguese
- Try something new (sushi was on the list – I still don’t think I can eat that!)
… and of course more other crazy ideas.
Now… I have to say 2014 was a huge surprise for me, my life has turned upside down and it brought me more joy than I could ever have imagined.
The more I think about it, the more I realize that it is not just what I wished for, it is exactly what life is all about… and I would be glad if every year would bring this sort of happiness, to all of us!
So here’s my 2014 list of “magic”
- I have witnessed true love, this might sound weird or too romantic, but it is actually exactly that. In May 2014 my younger cousin got married and I have been a bridesmaid at her wedding. Seeing the love in their eyes, the powerful emotions and that little bit of shyness I realized that true love really exists and sometimes you might just be lucky enough to really find your other half.
- You have no idea how difficult it is to live far away from your family and close friends. So, when my husband said we are going for a “road trip” to visit all my family in Romania, I was over the moon. So, my other important moment of magic was visiting family and friends – or even better, going HOME. Being there, seeing all the familiar faces, having all my loved ones close reminded me how important moments like these are… We kind of forget how important family is because we take them for granted.
- This brings me to another part of my 2014 list, the feeling of love coming from everyone who cares about you, even if you are miles and miles away… You don’t see them every day, you can’t go out for a coffee to catch up… but when you return home, it is as you have never left and things are just normal and as they should be.
- Going towards the end of the year, I have to say things got better and better. I got married to the man of my dreams… I have never pictured myself as a wife, and now I can truly say I have found love and sealed it with wedding vows (it somehow sounds weird, but it isn’t – I have papers to prove that 🙂 )… This happened in my favourite month, October and we had a very small ceremony, just with parents and brothers and sisters… very very intimate and exactly what we wished for.
- Now, the most magical moment in my entire life happened in November. My very own little miracle the birth of my baby girl. Words aren’t enough and even if they were I wouldn’t have enough space to describe it all… The love, the wonder, the joy, the excitement, they are all part of it. The feeling of love and tenderness can’t be described! This is when you realize how important your parents are and how they must have felt when they had you… it truly changes your entire life and you can actually say you have a meaning and a purpose in the world.
- Of course, there are other small bits like: I have managed to read 30 of the books on my list (20 to go, but I’ll get there some day). I have finished a Wedding Planner Course and organized my first event. I have more than 10,000 people reading my blog and I can honestly say I made every day count…
There you go… I didn’t conquer the world, I didn’t really stick to the list I had, but I managed pretty good and I lived my life in the best possible way (happy, happy, joy, joy) 🙂
So, cheers to 2014 for being so great and looking forward to what 2015 has to bring!